It is my puppy Ladoo’s 5th Birthday today!
This is a momentous occasion for me. Why? Because I never thought I could love another as much as I love Ladoo. He is my first love, and it is absolutely unconditional love. I wrote about Ladoo’s First Few Months and looking back makes me realize that our bond has grown stronger as the years have passed. At first, my role was to be his mom. Now, my role is to be his buddy, confidant, and playmate. I have no experience with children. I am the youngest cousin of about 20 cousins on my Dad’s side…holding a baby and raising one has been a limited activity. So, bringing Ladoo home was a first of many experiences. There are so many memorable moments we have shared in the last few years, nevertheless, here are my Top 5 Moments with Ladoo.
5) Discovery about other animals in our neighborhood – the first time he recognized a cat, a rabbit, a bird..it was like seeing his world expand exponentially in his mind. A new sense of being for Ladoo!
4) Teaching him to give a “high Five” – best trick ever…it is his favorite!
3) Discovering the snow – first snow at the age of 9 months old was another mind exploding experience for Ladoo. Since then, he has a love-love relationship with snow & ice…the more, the better!
2) Holding Ladoo for the first time – he was a little larger than the size of my palm – vulnerable, scared, and yet excited.
1) Every night when he cuddles up next to me I am reminded that love is a universal language. It crosses all man-made and nature-made boundaries. And, I am thankful for having Ladoo remind me of this each night!
In other news, I had a fantastic lunch at Shake Shack in celebration of Spring’s Arrival in NYC! Sharing a meal with a good friend + beautiful weather + good food = fantastic memories! RR and I decided it was a burger kind of day and seeing as I have never eaten at Shake Shack, today was going to be the day! So, I took a bite of my Mushroom Burger..and it was delicious. The ‘Shroom Burger is a deep-fried portabella mushroom stuffed with cheese…you know this spells warm, gooey, flavorful burger. Definitely worth the trip & wait (approx 30mins!) on the line. As is well known – great minds think alike, and in NYC, we all thought it was a perfect day for lunch in the park. How did you celebrate your Spring?